- The idea of the product management maturity model is to describe, how a company and its management team can develop and extend the capabilities of products management in order to perform better.
- The origin of the model lies in the idea of phases or stages, which a company usually goes through as it adapts to new cultural issues, processes, management practices, business concepts, and modes of operation.
- These stages represent the organizational growth, learning, and development that occur as new methods are implemented in large corporations.
- Copyright owned by Antti Sääksvuori // Sirrus Publishing ISBN 978-952-67529-4
Product Management Maturity Survey
- A standard survey to analyze the maturity of product management in your company, as well as the most significant gaps & development areas
The survey contains 15 statements related to a standard product manager profile and base competences with multiple choice answers. Based on the given answers the system calculates points and compares the points with standard scale of 4 performance classes as well as a peer group answers (same field of business, same company size).
The survey contains 40 statements with multiple choice answers divided to 4 chapters:
- Role & Skill & Learning of product managers
- Product Management Process
- Product Management Tools & Systems
- Product Data / Information
Based on the given answers the system calculates points and compares the points with standard scale of 4 performance classes as well as a peer group answers (same field of business, same company size).
The standard scale is based on a product management maturity framework published by Antti Saaksvuori in 2015. The product management maturity framework describes 4 performance / maturity levels of product management with distinct criteria how to reach each level.
Once finished with the questionnaire, you will be able to run a report with:
- Comparison of your points against standard scale in total
- Comparison of your points against peer group in total
- Maturity of each chapter
- 3 areas of best maturity
- 3 areas of lowest maturity
- Summary of your answers
- Maturity development suggestions
At the moment the database contains 500+ answers to compare with
All answers are anonymous with out any reference to the person answering
4 Performance classes in both surveys
- More than 75% of the maximum points - Best of breed // Benchmark group
- 50-75% - Average + performer
- 25-50% - Below average
- 0-25% - Laggards
Pricing & alternative packages
- Individual survey with report (one answer), 400€ excluding VAT.
- Package of surveys with reports, e.g. for different business units or locations (3-6 answers), 1000€ excluding VAT.
- Survey tool and database as a service (min. 6 mth commitment, run as many times as you want), 250€ mth. excluding VAT.
- Company report package & expert comments and proposals for product management development, ask for a quote
- Business unit / location & company based report generation (differences between BU’s / locations)
- Company total answers compared to peer group
- Specified number of users based on request